Online Kindergarten Registration Open Now
Online registration for kindergarten in Hamilton County Schools for the 2020-2021 school year is open now, and runs through Friday. Due to schools being closed at this time, the district has postponed the day planned during the registration period to provide on-site registration at schools. Parents can access online kindergarten registration on the district’s website at www.hcde.org. Look under the “Parents & Students” tab on the home page for “Registration Information.” On the Registration Information page, there are several links to kindergarten registration. Video tutorials are available on the registration site to assist parents with the online process.
To attend kindergarten this fall, a child must be five years of age on or before August 15, 2020. Documents will be necessary to complete registration. Parents can upload the documents required during the online registration process.
Documents parents will need to complete registration
• A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate or officially acceptable evidence of the date of birth
• A Tennessee School Immunization Certificate available from the Hamilton County Health Department
• A photo ID of the parent or legal custodian of the child
• Proof of court-ordered custody of a child living with a divorced parent, custodian or guardian
Acceptable documents proving residency (two required)
• Lease, mortgage or deed
• Utility bill (gas, water, electric) dated in the last 30 to 60 days
• Insurance document (home, health, or life)
• A government document showing residency
If you are not sure which school serves your area, the School Zone Finder on the Hamilton County Schools website will help you find the information.
When schools reopen, a date will be announced for parents and children to visit school sites.